Wednesday, September 23, 2009

oh this is funny

hanks for the heads up

The following is a sort of transcript of the aftermath of a conversation I had with my friend Kelly. Our friend Amber was back in town for a few days and we thought it would be nice to eat outside for her. Kelly offered to email the three other people we wanted to invite and I thought it might be funny/taken seriously if I sent text messages to those same people (all of whom live with or are seriously dating Kelly) about the email. In the end, I did think it was funny.

Text Messages I Sent

To Jeremy
9:13 AM: Check your email around 9:30

To Jen
9:14 AM: Be sure to check your email at 930, after you get this

To Jim
9:18 AM: Check your email around 930. Should be after you get this

Responses Via G Chat to the Text Messages I Sent

Jeremy: what are you sending?
me: Oh, I'm not. I think Kelly is sending something
Jeremy: ahh
9:21 AM ok
thanks for the heads up
me: Of course

The Email Kelly Sent

grill?

Kelly to
me, Jeremy, Jennifer, Jim

Hello house + Colin + Jim. Do we want to grill tonight while amber is out with her co-workers? We can do drinks with her when she gets back? I would be willing to pick up some burgers and buns if you guys want to come up with some chips or side dishes to complement.

Maybe 6:30? Jen or Jeremy, do we have coals still? I haven't grilled yet this year.

Let us know if we're on!
Kelly

Text Messages I Sent

To Kelly
9:21 AM: Don't forget to check your email. You should have just sent one like a minute ago by now

Responses Via Email to the Email Kelly Sent

Me to
Kelly, Jeremy, Jennifer, Jim

Sounds great! I can be there. Anyone else who can be there might "reply all" to this e-mail.

c

Jeremy to
Me, Kelly, Jennifer, Jim

I can be there and likely will be there...

jh

Jennifer to
Jeremy, Me, Kelly, Jim

I can be there. If you don't mind I might extend an invitation to Ben as well...

Kelly to
Jennifer, Jeremy, Me, Jim

do it.

Jim to
Kelly, Me, Jennifer, Jeremy

sounds great. I might not be there early to help grill, but I should be able to make it by 6.30

Responses In Person to the Text Messages I Sent

Jim to
Me


6:45 PM: I Googled the area code and wondered who I knew from Chicago.

Jen to
Me

6:46 PM: Oh, I didn't get it. I left my phone at Ben's.

Jeremy to
Me

6:50 PM: Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment